The Humphreys County Sheriff’s Office offers the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit class. Sheriff Davis began this program shortly after taking office in 2006. We have classes nearly once per month and sometimes more often. This class is the first step in obtaining your carry permit that is issued by the state. We are proud to host this class and feel that we offer quality training to the members of our community. Anyone 21 years of age or older are welcome. The cost for the class is $50.
To sign up, follow these steps:
The state has recently mandated that as of January 1, 2015 student MUST register online for the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit class being held at any approved school. Please ensure that you complete the following steps in order to sign up for a Permit Class being taught by HCSO.
1. Follow the link to – https://apps.tn.gov/handgun/
2. Students MUST retain the confirmation number that is issued after they register for the class-Without that number we cannot enter their scores and you cannot move forward in the process of obtaining your carry permit.
If you have trouble with the online registration, the Department of Safety helpdesk is available 9am-5pm weekdays only at: 615-313-0300 to assist in the registration.
HCSO has set up the following dates for 2017
If you have any questions please contact Brandy Burns at 931-296-2301 Ext 100 or email bburns@HCSOTN.com
For more information from the state of Tennessee regarding your permit, please click here.
When attending the class, you should bring the following items.
• Serviceable handgun
• 50 rounds of FACTORY loaded ammunition for the handgun that you intend to qualify with
• Eye Protection (safety glasses, prescription glasses etc.)
• Ear protection (ear muffs, ear plugs)
• Holster that fits your handgun (please remember to wear a belt)
• Ball cap or other type of brimmed hat is recommended.
• Pen/pencil and paper for taking notes
• Weather appropriate outer wear, (we shoot rain or shine)
• Your Tennessee drivers license
Please bring a lunch and or snacks (there’s a microwave in the classroom).
Do NOT bring firearms or ammunition in the classroom.